Wednesday, March 03, 2010

He Is Knocking, Are You Answering

One day a new Pastor decided to visit some of his parishioners. He came to a house that had a beautiful garden that he had to walk through. He approached a large oaken door and knocked. A few seconds passed and no one answered so he knocked again. When no one answered the door, the second time he pulled out his business card and wrote Revelation 3:20 (which reads, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” NIV)
The following day, the Pastor went to his office. There taped on the door was the business card he left. Underneath his Scripture note was written Genesis 3:10 (which reads, “He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” NIV)
Many people are that way with Jesus. He will come to the door and knock, yet there is no answer. Excuses are made to avoid answering the door. He will judge me on my past. I am not worthy. I have sinned too much. I do not live an acceptable life. In addition to any other various excuses that you can give.
I am going to let you know a little secret. It is not much of a secret though. Jesus already knows about your past. He already knows the life you are currently living. He already knows all there is to know about you. While he is concerned about it, he is more concerned with your future. Not just your future on earth, but for all eternity.
The good news is that you do not have to be perfect. You do not even have to be good enough. You just have to be you.
No matter how bad you think you have been. No matter how unworthy you feel. Jesus came for you. Whether you feel ungodly or stuck in your sin, Jesus died for you, “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. . . But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:6, 8 NIV)
If you feel like your life is going the wrong direction. If you feel like everything is spinning out of control. If you feel like your life is empty. Jesus is waiting.
No matter what life you have lived. No matter what sin you have committed. No matter how unworthy you feel. He is knocking, are you answering?

No comments: