Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day of Mourning

One night I had a dream. I was walking along a road and suddenly before me was a great wall. In the wall was a large wooden door. Standing beside the door, was an angel. As I got closer, I noticed the angel was not vibrant, as we have read angels to be, but saddened. I approached the angel and asked, “What is wrong?”
The angel looked up with sadness in his eyes and answered, “Today is our day of mourning.”
Perplexed, I then asked, “What are you in mourning for?”
The angel pointed to the door and responded, “Take a look inside.”
The door opened and stretched as far as the horizon, was a field of tombstones. I looked back at the angel as asked, “Who's buried here?”
The angel solemnly answered, “These are people that have been murdered and their descendants that would have been born had they lived.” He then points to an area, “Over there are doctors. They would have found the cures for all diseases. . . Aids, Cancer, MS, Heart disease, because of these doctors, all diseases would have been wiped off the face of the earth. Over there are economists. They would have figured out the best way to keep the world from a global depression, they would have eradicated poverty. Over there are agriculturalists, they would have discovered ways to feed all the people. All of these buried here were created by our Father in heaven to make the world a better place to live in, until His Son returns.”
I looked at the angel with disgust and asked, “Who is responsible for all this death.”
The angel whispered, “Government sponsored genocide.”
“Ah, this is the result of Hitler's holocaust,” I responded.
The angel shook his head and answered softly, “No, it wasn't him.”
“So this is from Stalin?” I asked.
Again the angel shook his head. I then started guessing various dictators, each person I listed was met with a shake of the head.
Exasperated, I finally shouted, “Who is responsible for this!?”
The angel sadly moved aside. It was then in my horror that I saw who was responsible. Behind the angel was a plaque. Written on the plaque was this: January 22, 1973.

No comments: